Saturday, October 12, 2013

     I wrote this some time ago: Everyone handles life's setbacks, illness, in their own way. Some bravely, others not so brave. Some become self-destructive while others are all about self-preservation. (I've been both) There are no right or wrong ways in dealing with medical setbacks, albeit some ways are more productive than others. Some good, some bad. Some even drown themselves in self-pity. I've always believed, "to each his/her own." Nothing is all black or all white, there are always many shades of gray and all I can do now is to tell my story the very best way that I now how. And I also realize that for every one praise there will be two or more criticisms.

 
     Anna Nalick said it this way: "2am and I'm still awake writing a song, if I get it all down on paper it's no longer inside of me threatening the life it belongs to, and I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd 'cuz these words are my diary screaming out loud, and I know that you'll use them however you want to, breathe, just breathe...." That's pretty much how the song goes and truer words have rarely been spoken.
 
     For you Ryan, wherever you may be. You were the one who taught me how to breathe! It's hard to do when you're stressed, when all you want to do is hold your breath....KTL.

No comments: