Monday, October 7, 2013

     My mom is scaring me. She was up most of the night and dry heaving. I get the dry heaves and they suck-'there isn't any relief because nothing ever comes up, but yuck! I went out to run a few errands and she started calling but there was no connection, so I didn't know what was up. She didn't want to go out with me which is totally unusual for her. I race home and an ambulance shoots by going in the opposite direction. I start praying HARD! She didn't look good when I left. I probably should've stayed home.

     Well I get home and she's lying down on her bed half awake. What she wanted was her meds picked up from the pharmacy! I went and picked them up. Meanwhile, I have a migraine coming on and I am nauseous. Nothing new. We then go and sit at the dining room table across from one another. This is when I notice her neck (jugular) beating hard. She has a doc appointment in two days, thank goodness. But now I am afraid to fall asleep or leave the house now. Damn. Like Gilda Radners' book title, "It's Always Something" (about her battle with cancer) is exactly the way it is.
    
      Always, always something, especially with two ill people living together. I'm not sure that's so good, but it is mostly easier living with a healthy person because they can pick up the slack and carry you at times. I don't think it's fair to the healthy person, but I've had a couple really good boyfriends that really helped out and cared. (You know who you are, THANK YOU!)

      Mom keeps coming out of her room. It makes me nervous and stressed out. Good thing I'm having a GGD, "Good Gut Day"  so I can pull up some slack and carry her through the night. Who could sleep with all this going on? Not me. But when it all comes down to it, she's my mother and I want to take care of her the very best I can-as long as my health holds out!? Well, gotta go now, looks like I'm taking the night shift...but not until after I de-stress with a long walk after dark. Oh Yeah, "The Voice" is on tonight, yeaaaah! Another de-stressor! I love that show! It can "cure what ails you" even if only for a couple hours!

No comments: