Sunday, November 3, 2013

     Come one come all to the place where dorky doctors try and kick patients out before their ready. If something is not working it's still broken. My mom is still broken and kicking her out now will only lead to her coming back in another weeks time. Granted there's a lot that can't be fixed but jesus fix the parts you can. I am so stressed about this. We have an appeal pending with Medicare but they won't start processing paper work until tomorrow. I hate these "floor doctors" who do not know the patients history well, I know this for a fact. They shoot from the hip, blindly.

     My mom's new medication is not working(the one for edema, not sure of the name) so let's try another until we find one that WILL work for her! Come on dorks....We are collectively trying to save her kidneys are we not? I have to live with her and this b.s. will not work for me. I am not running back and forth to the hospital. It's stressful for my mom and for me. HELLO don't need this! Okay now let's BREATHE....BREATHE....BREATHE!!

     I have plenty of experience with being in and out of hospitals and this does not work, kicking patients out before they're ready. Where I was treated the doctor let the patient decide what they felt comfortable with. Usually I was the one begging to get out and go HOME! I was mostly ready earlier than the docs were comfortable with. But with mom, we need to get her on the right med and be somewhere she can be observed. That's all I'm asking?!! Too much? Too bad!!

     Some of the nurses here aren't any better. They hang on to everything the doc says without showing concern for the patient. They are the patients advocate so speak up to the docs and listen to your patient and observe them more closely, make your own mind up without help from the docs.

     Okay, I just spoke with my mom's cardiologists partner. He's cool. He knows my moms case pretty well and he agrees with me up to a point. We can try another med, release her tomorrow and she'll have to wait 48hrs until we know if the med work. She will at this time see a kidney doc to see how her kidneys function with the new med. And after that she'll see her cardiologist and hopefully develop a new plan of action. Okay I can live with this so can my mom. I realize she's sick and they can't fix it all but at least try to remedy the edema. That's all we want. Where's my sister? Hopefully she'll get here soon to shoulder some of the stress. That always helps. My brother is in Georgia so there's not a lot he can do, but my sister and I can keep a close eye on things here.

     So that's my relaxing Sunday for ya. Haven't been able to kick back and just watch football like I usually do. But we'll get things going the very best we can with mom. She's stubborn and could be around for a long while yet. The edema makes her uncomfortable and we need to think comfort when it comes to mom. Comfort it is.....Later....

   

No comments: