Saturday, November 9, 2013

     Well mom is out of the hospital for the second time in less than a month. Hopefully she'll stay out for awhile. We can pray. Physical Therapy visited and determined her "fit" which doesn't really matter with me here and the home health nurse came and will continue until the docs all agree on what her health regimen should consist of. Meds, exercise etc....

      Today my sis took mom out while I stayed home and watched college football. Gives me a little break. All caregivers need breaks especially if they have health issues also, like me. (I especially lack energy. Mom has more than I do!) The Family Leave Act was definitely one of Clinton's best moves! Family caregivers are better for the patient then a group of strangers. My mom stayed with me for 6 weeks after my gastrectomy(removal of the stomach). That was a tough recovery,  but mom was a trooper. Then 3 months later my gallbladder had to be removed and she was there yet again. Although that was an easier recovery, not so much time.

        I learned caregiving from my grandmother. She looked after her sister when her sis came down with Parkinson's and my grandfather when he was struck down with Leukemia. The sad thing was she didn't have much caregiving for herself. There was my uncle but I won't go there. He was more into his drinking....
I should've been there more for her even though I had my own health issues by then. Though there's no good excuse. I wasn't as patient back then like I am now.
       
         Well I'm out of words for now. Much more to come...stay  tuned. I'm pretty tired even though I didn't do much physically. It's stress over things that gets to me. That's all for another day. Keep breathing!!

No comments: